Thursday, February 28, 2013

Did someone say Petunia??

My name is Stacey and I have an addiction.....I'm addicted to Petunia Pickle Bottom.  I'm even addicted to the name.  It just screams cute!!  Hands down, I feel like Petunia Pickle Bottom has nailed the perfect diaper bag.  They are not only amazing quality and flawless designs, they are also made from beautiful high quality fabric.  And to top it off, their customer service goes above and beyond  and in my opinion is one of the best in the baby business .  I've owned at least 1 of almost every style of bag that they make and can't say a bad thing about any of them.  I love each one of them for different reasons.


Central Park North Stop Embossed
Boxy Backpack
-The Boxy Backpack

I love that you can use it as a backpack or as a shoulder bag.  The changing pad is connected to the bag with velcro and you just lay it out, change the baby, then fold it right back up into the bag!  You'll never lose it because it's connected.  There are a ton of easy to access pockets so you can stay organized very nicely.  There are a large variety of different colors, patterns and types of fabric to chose from.  The one pictured is one I have my eye on right now.  I love the new embossed fabric.  I think it looks very classy and hopefully I will own one soon!






-The Touring Tote

Pink Lady Roll Touring Tote
I tend to use my touring tote for quick trips.  Although it looks a lot smaller than the boxy back pack, the touring tote can still hold a lot in it.  It comes with a long and short shoulder strap so you can wear it either as a hobo or messenger style bag.  Even with it's smaller size, there are still a ton of pockets so you can stay nice and organized.  I did have a problem with my zipper on this bag, but this is where Petunia's AMAZING customer service comes into play!  My zipper ripped at the seam so i decided to email customer support to ask if there was anything I could do.  They got right back to me and had me send the bag back to them for evaluation and with in 3 days they sent me a BRAND NEW BAG!!  No questions asked!  I would have just been happy paying to have my zipper fixed so i was thrilled when they sent me a new one!  They have a great product and they stand behind their quality.  I LOVE that about them!






Daisy Dewdrops Wistful Weekender
The Wistful Weekender-

I love love LOVEEEE this bag!!!  It's huge and you can literally pack for the weekend in it!  I have the pattern that I have pictured and I can't tell you how many compliments I get on it.  I think it's a little more vintagy looking than some of the other bags.  Like the other bags, there are plenty of pockets inside and it comes standard with the changing pad and wipe case.  This bag is a little more open inside and it's great if you're going on an outing and need to pack blankets or something like that in it.  There are even snaps on the outside so you can expand your bag and make it even bigger!  The only thing i found difficult at first was there are no hooks anywhere that you can hook it to the valet clips.  I ended up just hooking it to the little metal ring that the strap connects to and it worked perfectly.f the other bags.  Like the other bags, there are plenty of pockets inside and it comes standard with the changing pad and wipe case.  This bag is a little more open inside and it's great if you're going on an outing and need to pack blankets or something like that in it.  There are even snaps on the outside so you can expand your bag and make it even bigger!  The only thing i found difficult at first was there are no hooks anywhere that you can hook it to the valet clips.  I ended up just hooking it to the little metal ring that the strap connects to and it worked perfectly.


Society Satchel in Midnight
- Society Satchel Cake bag

Another bag that I absolutely love!  Like the boxy backpack, you have the option of using it as a shoulder bag or a backpack.  I love having the option.  Sometimes it's nice to put it on my shoulder but if i'm carrying the baby, holding my toddlers hand and pushing a stroller it's great to put it on my back!  This bag also comes with it's own set of valet clips that are a little larger than the ones that you can purchase for the other bags since the holes to hook them onto are a little farther down on the bag.  Like i've said with every other one of their bags, there is plenty of pocket space.  I particularly love the zipper bottom that you can put the changing pad and wipe case in.  It even has enough room to put a few diapers in it!  The opening of this bag was a little hard to get used to because it doesn't have a zipper.  It has 2 little clasps like things that you turn and it opens up but once i used it it wasn't a problem at all.  The cake bags are a little pricier than Petunia's other bags but in my opinion it's worth it.  The fabric is VERY durable and it is a bag that's going to last you a long time!


-The Sashay Satchel

The Sashay Satchel is another amazing bag that gives you the option of a shoulder bag or a backpack.  The shoulder straps on this bag are a little longer than the ones on the Society Satchel which is nice.   The whole front part opens up into one big pocket and there are other smaller pockets all over the place!  Like the Wistful Weekender, there isn't a specific hook on the bag to hand on your valet clips, so I just use the metal rings that the handle connects to and it works perfectly.  The pattern that I have shown is one of the special patterns that they have done that is a limited edition and is inspired by Disney's "It's a Small World".  It's made from certified organic cotton and helps to benefit UNICEF!




-Ergo by Petunia Pickle Bottom

Not only does Petunia Pickle Bottom make amazing diaper bags but now they've teamed up with Ergo and make carriers!  When I had my first daughter I really wanted an Ergo, but my sister in law handed down her baby bjorn.  I only used it a small handful of times.  When I had my second baby Petunia Pickle Bottom came out with their Ergo's and I knew I just had to have one!  It was worth every penny!  It's so comfortable not only for me but for my baby as well.  she's now 20 months and I still use it almost daily.  I can carry her around Disneyland all day and it's not hard on my back at all.  Unlike the Bjorn, you can carry the baby a few different ways.  On your chest, your back or on your hip!  And like everything Petunia does, the fabric choices are amazing.  I chose the black one so it didn't show dirt, but it's easily washable so I think any of them would be great!

So, there you have it.  That sums up the Petunia bags that i've had the pleasure of owning!  They also have a wide variety of accessories like travel cases, phone cases, name tags, nursing covers, tote bags, stroller bunting bags, blankets, wallets and layette clothing as well as a few other styles of bags.  They have a newer style of bag that's made out of laser-cut leather that I would LOVE to get my hands on!!  You name it, Petunia has mastered it!  They are a little pricier than other bags, but their quality and customer service make it 100% worth it.  If you like them on Facebook, they often post sales that they have on their outlet site and you can get some great deals on a wide variety of their bags and accessories!  I think that every mom deserves at least 1 Petunia bag!!



1 comment: